Well, the final details of the updates and upgrades to the web site are pretty much complete. This brings us, finally, to a point where we have all of the tools deployed, and it is now up to us as members to start getting our ranks active again.To kick this off, I am going to give a full summary here of all of our current online services. Online Services as of May 06, 2014: General
- Graphics – Our graphics have been updated with the times. Our dragon logo has been overhauled with many new layers in Photoshop to border it with a neat frame that matches our color scheme. It also makes for a badass avatar.
- Font – We now use “Felipa” as our official font. This is a Google Font, meaning we can call upon it remotely to display it as text also on our web site. This creates a much better alternative to creating graphics every time we want to splash something with a nice banner or title in our Guild font. The new font also just seems to have a better feel for our genre of Guild as well.
- Textures – We have an official scheme across the board now for all of our graphics. To enhance our guild colors, black is now represented by leather, red/maroon is fit with roses and rose petals, and purple is represented by silk fabric.
- Home Page – The main page of the web site has a new layout to present an array of information, including a dedication banner to former leaders, a listing of our current main staff, important announcements, the latest blog/news postings, and links to our branch social network pages.
- About Us, Charter and Staff Pages – No changes here except that it looks prettier now. The staff page will have layouts added later to get it back to a portfolio style like it was before.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/guildofdarkhaven – A private group which is invite only. Guild Members who have a Facebook account can request entry to this group via a link on that group’s page.
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/_Dark_Haven_ – We will use this as a feed to keep everyone up to speed on things we do as we do them.
- Computer – feed.php?auth=http – The RSS Feed for the forum is password protected using your account info from the forum. In order to subscribe to the feed, use the same username and password as you use for the forum. Otherwise the feed will be blank and not update for you.
- Android – As long as you are on an Android device, we VERY highly recommend RSSDemon as it is the only RSS reader for android that supports http authenticated RSS feeds (meaning password protected like ours is). You can use your Android to access the Google Play store and simply search for “RSSDemon” (without the quotes of course). If you want to take a gander at the info from a computer, just go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … RssDemonAd to check it out.
This post is going to become a sticky, and will be updated whenever we make major updates to our online services. Let us know if you have any questions.